“It was a pleasant cafe, warm and clean and friendly, and I hung up my old water-proof on the coat rack to dry and put my worn and weathered felt hat on the rack above the bench and ordered a cafe au lait. The waiter brought it and I took out a notebook from the pocket of the coat and a pencil and started to write"

~Ernest Hemingway~

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Remember my map/book?

A long time ago, I shared with you my newly-created map/book of Crater Lake: http://cafeeffervescence.blogspot.com/2012/03/dear-bloggies-i-thought-i-would-share.html

Now, I've decided to take on the challenge of creating a more easily reproduced version of the book... So I can share it with a wider audience... So you can have one and share it with more people! (not in a collecting material stuff way, but in a sharing the ideas within the piece way). It's such a tactile item that photos and video just don't do it justice.  The final version must and will have a narrative/message beyond just its coolness as a physical thing.

So, visit the blog at bathymetricbook.blogspot.com and go 'like' the "Making Of" video on YouTube!

This is all in preparation for presenting about this project at a cartography conference in October.

p.s. You should definitely tell me what your overall impression is of the project and the way I'm presenting it, especially if you're confused about something. It's hard for me to have an outside perspective on the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment