“It was a pleasant cafe, warm and clean and friendly, and I hung up my old water-proof on the coat rack to dry and put my worn and weathered felt hat on the rack above the bench and ordered a cafe au lait. The waiter brought it and I took out a notebook from the pocket of the coat and a pencil and started to write"

~Ernest Hemingway~

Thursday, November 14, 2013

On Creative Work (and getting it done!)

In the same vein of thought as my post Breathe Out last April, I just found this article on creative productivity: j.mp/17tEcyn
It's talking about the kind of work discipline that I'm struggling but aspiring to adhere to right now in grad school. It's definitely the tough-love attitude I need to have with myself right now. 
The piece includes quotes like this one from Chuck Close: “Inspiration is for amateurs — the rest of us just show up and get to work.”

1 comment:

  1. This is very interesting. I find myself falling into the wait for inspiration more often than not. This is just what I need to get into gear.

    ReplyDelete